We are looking for a Software Dev Engineer to join our Data Engineering team. Our team builds and maintains data and software products that unlock opportunities for personalized customer experiences and marketing performance optimization. Come, join us on our journey to build the most intelligent travel platform in the world.
- You will understand business requirements; perform source to target data mapping
- Write clean, solid, scalable and testable code and unit tests
- Perform data analysis, and troubleshoot data and/or system issues as needed
- Define, develop and maintain artifacts like design documentation, test cases, and scenarios; execute test scripts for your tasks/projects
- You communicate and work effectively with geographically distributed cross functional teams
- 2+ years of experience implementing technical designs and applying software engineering best practices
- 1+ years in big data or database systems related experience
- Proficient in one of the programming languages like Python/Java/Scala/Shell and Unix/Linux environments
- Knowledge or skills in relevant Big Data technologies, including but not limited to SQL and non-SQL data stores like Mongo DB or Cassandra
- Knowledge or working experience with Hadoop, Hive, Teradata, or similar DB Technologies and streaming technologies like Spark, Kafka
- Understanding of Data Warehousing principles and its implementation in large multi-terabyte environments
- Nice to have knowledge or experience working in AWS environment and AWS Big data technologies like S3, Redshift, EMR, Elastic search etc.
- Knowledge in Object Oriented design, SOA, distributed computing, performance/scalability tuning, advanced data structures and algorithms, real time analytics and large scale data processing
- Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or other similar fields