We are building a fashion e-commerce platform that our users love, that brands are excited to partner with, and that we, as engineers, are proud to work on.
As a Fullstack Engineer, you will be ensuring that the platform continues to exceed shopper’s expectations, helping us to constantly release new features and improve functionality. You will work in a product-led cross-discipline team on everything from helping to choose the best tools, frameworks, and architectures to working with design and product colleagues on exciting new features.
We are extremely data-driven and make decisions based on the results of experimentation. You share the data mindset and are able to suggest pragmatic experiments to prove a hypothesis and be willing to be proven wrong by data.
- Work with the Web Member Growth squad to add features to our website and maintain the core experience of the site
- Work with front end technologies such as React, Redux, ES6, and TypeScript to deliver core functionality to the Lyst website
- Work with backend technologies such as Python, Django and Postgresql
- Collaborate within the team, and across teams, to deliver the features that satisfy the requirements of the company
- Work on a Python Django backend to support the delivery of new frontend features
- Integration with other APIs and services internal and external
- We are fully AWS hosted, using a range of tools and setups: ECS, Docker, CircleCI, Postgresql, Redis, SQS, SNS
- Collaborating with product managers, front end engineers, QA and designers
- Proven experience with Django/Python and web fundamentals
- Communication: You are able to communicate clearly and be humble when sharing ideas with everyone on the team. You are able to explain your ideas clearly and transform them into plans. You are able to design the solution to a complex problem
- Quality – You strive to write code that is readable by everyone, well tested and robust in production
- You aren’t afraid to refactor existing code in favour of working around shortcomings
- Experience delivering front end features for a high traffic website using ReactJS
- A thorough knowledge of automated testing, especially unit testing (ideally using Jest)
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines i.e. Jenkins, Circle CI etc.