We are currently working with a top 5 UK telco operator and are looking for a Senior Java developer with strong experience in J2EE technologies. We have an immediate requirement for an experienced Java/J2EE backend Developer with Telecoms experience to initially work with our team, onsite with one of our prestigious Telecoms clients. The candidate will be working on a large transformation programme on a long-term project alongside client development teams in an Agile project delivery environment with multiple suppliers and offshore teams.
Critical knowledge and experience
- JAVA/J2EE experience with strong hands-on skills, solid understanding of Spring dependencies, Redis caching principles & implementation, spring security, EH Cache principles & implementation, OSGI framework.
- Experience in open id connect specs and SSO platform experience.
- Nice to have knowledge of AWS utility tools, DEVOPS tools and AEM.
- Deep knowledge of browser compatibility, response web design, application Servers, unit testing frameworks
- Solid knowledge of the entire application development life cycle including configuration management practices and procedures
- Strong understanding of software design patterns and methodology
- Flexibility, energy and ability to work well with others in a virtual, geographically dispersed team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present to IT and business leaders
- Demonstrated ability to stay current with development best practices, existing and emerging technology platforms, and industry trends
- Experience with formal software development methodologies, with a focus on Agile
- Telco or related industry experience
- Proven experience working on large scale digital/transformation projects
- 5+ years’ experience leading a team (5+ resources)
- 3+ years’ digital experience (Web, digital channels, marketing)
- Experience across e-commerce platforms and technologies Business/context – must have Telecom experience
Nice to have
- Knowledge of ‘as is’ OUK and TMUK delivery processes
- Previous experience working for EE Skills and knowledge
- Planning & Organising – having clear and regularly updated project plans and RAID logs are key to ensuring all supplier individuals and organisation are aligned to delivering projects
- Working Collaboratively – builds strong and sustainable relationships cross functionally to enable alignment of work
- Influencing & Persuading – ensuring the entire project team understands the importance of hitting deadlines and delivering quality work with the end customer always in mind. Delivery of Results – continued focus on delivery Project & Programme Delivery KPI’s which will be linked to individual and team objectives
- Focusing on the Customer – both internally and externally. A project is not delivered until the business accepts it has delivered against objectives and the end customer is not negatively impacted by the change
- Corporate governance –preparation for formal boards and documentation for undertaking gate moves