This is for someone looking for the stability of a long-running project, sharpening his/hers core Java (Java 8), core SQL and German language skills. You will work on a TDD-based approach, with a lot of existing tests mitigating the risk of wrong implementations
· A complex business logic will keep you continuously challenged
· The product covers the social security domain, adhering to some generic logical rules and mathematical formulas of medium complexity (similar to basic accounting).
· You will make good use of Lambdas, Streams, Functions, Predicates, Reflection, Mockito
· There is a lot of ramp-up support( around 3 months), there will be no „cold-shower” introduction to productive tasks.
· The final client is Swiss Government.
- Develop and maintain software programs according to high coding standards
- Development using Java, Springboot, Angular, Openshift, Docker, IntelliJ, Sonar, Jenkins – Pipelines, Git
- Participation in process improvements and technology decisions
- Problem fixing, debugging, writing unit tests
- Estimate duration of programming and unit testing phase
- Doing effective and precise code reviews
- Coach less experienced developers
- Take responsibility for own decisions and actions
- Experience with back end Java development
- Excellent theoretical and practical understanding of advanced Java concepts
- Experience with IntelliJ, Sonar, Jenkins – Pipelines, Git, Openshift, Docker
- Experience with databases
- Experience in integration architectures
- Experience in microservices architectures
- Experience with Test Driven Development & Unit Tests
- English on communicative level
- German on communicative level
Nice to have:
- Experience with frontend technologies:
- ESTA WebJS
The app constantly needs new features. In Switzerland, every region has different rules for social security. The projects involves a long-term partnership between mixt team members. There are internal rotations so that each colleague is exposed to multiple streams and can understand the entire complexity of the app.
There is an online 3 months ramp-up period and everyone on the project needs to have or to get his/hers OCA certificate (costs covered by employer).