About us: From first-time founders to seasoned tech teams, we help visionaries of all kinds grow their digital products and services. Whether it’s getting started with a new concept, building a minimum viable product or scaling up with an offshore development team – whatever your next level looks like, we’re here to help you get there. Luminos Software is a company founded by engineers, built to give our outstanding teams the best possible environment to write great code and build world-class products that our clients and customers love.
The existing team:
* 1 senior-level React Native developer (full stack JS developer with 10+ years experience)
* 1 mi-level level React Native developer
* 1 senior QA engineer
About the client: Our client is a rapidly growing, Series-A funded startup with a five-year plan targeting a £1B market capitalisation. Their products are revolutionising consumer habits by helping folks return and reuse packaging and reduce plastic waste. If you care about the planet and would get a kick out of contributing your tech skills to a worthy cause this project offers the platform to do just that. The successful candidates will join our Cluj-based 3-man React Native team, working as part of a multi-disciplinary agile team spread across the UK, Romania and India. Distributed team members work together as one cohesive unit and you’ll be encouraged to share your opinions, contribute ideas and challenge solutions – all in service of creating the best possible customer experience and technology platform.
About the role
We are looking for experienced mobile developers who want to be part of a fast-paced, dynamic environment, where everyone’s opinions and efforts are valued. We hire outstanding professionals and give them the opportunity to thrive in a collaborative atmosphere that values learning, growth, and hard work.
As a React Native developer, you’re passionate about building great mobile applications for both iOS and Android platforms. You’ll have responsibility for building compelling and highly performant apps with great user experience.
* Work as part of a small team to build React Native iOS / Android applications for Luminos Software’s clients.
* Architect, build and maintain excellent React Native applications with clean code.
* Implement pixel perfect UIs that match designs.
* Implement clean, modern, smooth animations and transitions that provide an excellent user experience.
* Integrate third-party APIs.
* Write unit and integration tests.
* Release applications to the Apple and Google Play stores.
* Work with native modules when required.
* Complete two-week sprints, and participate in sprint retrospectives and daily standups.
* Assist with building estimates.
* Interface with clients via Slack, Zoom, and email.
* Track your time throughout the day using Jira.
* 2+ years of professional experience working with React Native.
* 4+ years of professional software development experience.
* Experience working with Swift, Objective C, and Java a plus but not required.
* Meaningful experience working on large, complex systems.
* Ability to take extreme ownership over your work. Every day is a challenge to ensure you are performing to the expectations you and your team have agreed upon, both in regards to estimates and to the general process.
* Ability to identify with the goals of Luminos Software’s clients and dedicate yourself to delivering on the commitments you and your team make to them.
* An understanding of React Native best practices and a commitment to following them.
* Ability to work through new and difficult React Native issues and contribute to libraries as needed.
* Ability to create and maintain continuous integration and delivery of React Native applications.
* A positive mindset and can-do attitude.
* Forensic attention to detail.
* English skills (ability to effectively communicate via written and spoken english).
* A passion for software development. It’s not just your career, it’s also your hobby. You’re constantly striving to learn new things and improve. You follow industry news, regularly tinker with new technologies, and read books and blogs to keep your skills current.
* You work well within a team environment and enjoy working in the office with your colleagues.